Welcome to our newest community in Durham, North Carolina.
We’re blending luxuries with amenities and service to exceed expectations for senior living in the Bull City.
Close to the Eno River, the breathtaking urban renaissance of the American Tobacco campus, Duke University, Durham’s downtown arts and entertainment district and a short drive from both Chapel Hill and the Briar Creek area of Raleigh. Our location also encourages urban escapes to the Duke Forest, the Sarah P. Duke Gardens and nearby Croasdaile Country Club. Residents and their families are close to a variety of outings that foster kinship and connections.
Our Durham community is ideally situated close to world-class medical care, including nearby Duke University Hospital and Duke Regional Hospital.
Calyx Living of Durham will open in April in a beautiful open, green and urban setting that mixes modern sophistication with fresh, friendly southern hospitality. Reservations are now being accepted.
Our Durham Calyx community is always buzzing. Residents can select from constantly changing social calendars updated daily with a whirl of engaging activities, recreational classes and lively social events.
- Locally sourced, chef-planned meals
- Wine tastings
- 24-hours snacks
- Kitchens for personal cooking
- Art, fitness and wellness classes
- Walking and exercise paths
- Media and game
- Fireplace seating for gatherings
- Open and screened porches
- Gardens and courtyards
- Onsite beauty and manicure salon
- Scheduled transportation
- 24-hour security
- 24-hour emergency call and care tracking systems
At Calyx Living of Durham, activities bring experiences that can serve as a catalyst for new skills, friends and memories. Every day, residents participate in programs or events that stimulate their bodies, minds, creativity and passions. We are able to indulge their individual interests and passions while offering opportunities for residents to try new things with people who, like them, still want to explore and learn. Everything from our physical space to our farm-to-table menus are intentionally created to engage fulfilled living all with style and quality in mind.
At Calyx Living, assisted living residents never have to choose between the life they want and the support they need.
- Chef-created menus for three meals every day, plus snacks anytime.
- A full calendar of cultural, educational, entertainment and social activities.
- Personalized care plans that include daily living assistance, medication management, health and wellness checks. Plus, a wide variety of additional services based on your health assessment and personal requests.
- Housekeeping and linen services.
- Scheduled transportation.
Calyx mixes our Durham community’s bright attitude with resources and convenient luxuries for our seniors in need of memory care. We help stimulate meaningful connections through sensory games, movement, food, music and art.
Our team supports residents through The Garden Place, our signature program that is recognized as North Carolina’s most highly regarded and comprehensive memory care offering. Memory care residents live in a secure wing, but have full access to all of Calyx’s amenities, gathering areas and common grounds when assisted by our team. Families are able to reconnect, share meaningful time and have experiences together again.
The Garden Place provides:
- A safe, stimulating and supportive environment.
- A mix of daily activities – cognitive, physical and spiritual – that connect residents to life experiences and hobbies they enjoyed.
- Assistance with the daily living tasks with a commitment to maintaining independence and preserving life skills.
- Progressive care that adapts along with their changing needs.
- Respect, dignity, attention, love and care from our entire team.